Monday, July 23, 2012

Charleston Trip...and the Sweetest Lunch Spot!

My sister is getting married near Charleston, South Carolina in September and I just spent the weekend in Charleston with my sister and my Mom finalizing all the details (Fiona stayed at home with her Dad).  Since my sister has already picked all of her vendors we were there to do the fun stuff and make final design and food decisions!   It was a special treat to spend a weekend with just my sister and our Mom.  And I love love love Charleston and all it has to offer.  It is always inspiring to be there - there is so much art and culture, great food (especially fresh seafood- hello blue crab!) and amazing architecture and history.   Not to mention that the beach is never far away.  

I plan on posting some more pictures of our trip once I download them, but in the meantime I wanted to quickly upload some pics from the cutest little eatery called "The Pickled Palate" that my sister and I found on Friday in Mt. Pleasant, SC (just across the bridge from Charleston).  The building and surrounding garden are so enchanting and sweet, I felt like we had stumbled into a storybook.  The lunch menu, which is mostly locally sourced and then made onsite, was sooo tasty.  We had a panini and iced tea, but they also have salads and wine, plus I think they offer more at dinner.  Also, on the same site, is a little store by the same owners called Earthly Artifacts, full of handmade and vintage inspired home and garden decor.  So lovely.  I can't wait to return in September! 

No comments:

Post a Comment