Saturday, March 10, 2012

The New York City Challenge and Blogging as a Virtual Playground



As part of 'Documenting the End?', I have decided to challenge myself to go on two specific New York City adventures weekly. Ideally I will go to one museum or cultural location, and one design store or related location. One will allow me to be inspired by all the unparalleled art and culture this city has to offer and the other will allow me to catalogue all the amazing design resources here so I can reference them in the future. I can't wait! The first arts and culture post will be about our trip to the Children's Museum of the Arts in Soho.

I will also be practicing my camera skills along the way so hopefully I will begin to improve my photos for this blog. It's been a long time since I paid more attention to the art of photography rather than using it purely as a documentation tool. I took a couple photography classes while in high school using my parents old Nikon film DSL and developed my film in a dark room! How OLD SCHOOL. Since then, I haven't paid all that much attention to the art of photography. But I plan to change that. I've always coveted a Digital DSL and if I continue to post regular blog entries and improve my skills with my current Cannon Digital point and shoot camera and IPhone, I may be able to finally justify spending the money on one. I already have Photoshop and Illustrator so I will be able to tool around with those programs as well.

Blogging is really becoming a great motivator for me to finally explore many of the subjects that I love in more depth and learn new skills. Blogging as a Virtual Playgroud. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment