Thursday, April 12, 2012

UPDATE The New York City Challenge

So, as Patrick, my husband, pointed out to me yesterday, so far I have pretty much failed my New York City Challenge.  It's certainly not for lack of motivation, but we have been struck by one bad cold after another here in the Regan household.  Fiona has been sick almost every week for the last month, and when she hasn't been sick, I have...so...the challenge was a bit too challenging for us to complete last month.  Although we did make it to the Children's Museum of the Arts.  But I am newly committed and Fiona and I went to the Museum of Arts and Design in Columbus Circle today to restart the challenge (post to follow soon) and plan on going to the New York 20th Century Art and Design Fair tomorrow at Lincoln Center.

We have been lucky as the last month has really been the first time since Fiona was born that we have been sick.  But we were hit hard and I now completely understand why parents dread illness!  Not only is your baby sick, which is miserable, but if you and your spouse are also sick, you can't take a sick day from taking care of your baby!  But even if you aren't sick yourself, a sick baby means staying home from activities with a miserable kiddo so your baby can rest and not infect other kids...which, as a stay-at-home-mom, makes me absolutely stir crazy and starved for company!

No comments:

Post a Comment