Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Antiques Garage


Fiona and I have been busy running around the city the last two days on field trips for the New York City Challenge and have been off to a great (re)start of the mission.  The weather here has been perfect for site-seeing.  Low 70s and Sunny!  Friday, we visited the MoMa and yesterday we went to the Antiques Garage flea market on W. 25th Street with our good friend Jess.  



Wow.  I really wish I had visited this place before yesterday.  As in, when we moved into our apartment three years ago.  I would have used it to decorate and furnish our place.  What a great flea market filled to the brim with everything a good Flea Market should have: clothes, books, furniture, jewelry, art, and various knick-knacks.  I could have gone home with a few things and if we weren't moving in a few months I probably would have!  The Brooklyn Flea seems to get a lot of press, but this flea is bigger, and seems to have a lot more of everything (except that it is all antiques and doesn't have any new artisans or food booths).  Really, I would have been coming here often if I had known how good it was!  Just walking through sparked my creative juices.





An old shoots and ladders type game, Canadian Toboggan style!! 


Isn't this old wall paper fantastic!  I love the colors and the design.  Darn it.  Just realized I should have bought this.


Great 50s light fixture hanging in the middle of this pic.  How cool would that look over a dining table??

No comments:

Post a Comment