Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Field trip to the Fabulous Fish's Eddy (plus a New York City Challenge update)

Broadway, facing North from Union Square. 


So, after, say about 2 months or so of failing my New York City Challenge, it is with new vigor and motivation that I am rededicating myself to this challenge.  The last month and a half has been a whirl, packed with a wedding, a trip to Chicago, a bachelorette party in Las Vegas, Fiona's birthday and party, and a visit from Patrick's parents.  I'm cutting myself some slack.  Really, don't you think I should? Or are my excuses starting to ring hollow? I'm really hoping I can keep up with the challenge for the next month, since we don't have any travel plans until July (with the exception of one trip to New Jersey for a wedding), and with the realization that we really will probably be leaving the city in just a few months (gulp!!!).  

Facing North on Broadway from 19th street. 

Ok, enough with the excuses.  Onto meet the challenge!!




Fish's Eddy...a dishware store (and more!) located in this lovely old building located at 889 Broadway at 19th street.  It offers lots of basic utilitarian products with hefty dose of joy!  It's just a super fun store to visit...think major eye candy. 


Wedding dress made out of spoons...!

 Kitchen tools.
Flatware on the cheap.

But what you are really here for are the dishes...


And the fabulous glassware...Party Glasses!



What a great gift idea! 

However, it's their coffee mugs I always leave with.  Their coffee mugs all have major heft, just as I think a good coffee mug should.  They feel solid and sturdy in your hand, which is a reassuring after waking up after too few hours of sleep because of a late night or an early morning baby (ha!).  This coffee mug I truly couldn't resist...

This mug is part of their 'Intervention-ware'.  Borderline mean perhaps?  But hey, mornings are rough sometimes.


Yay for Fish's Eddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment